Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Go Big baby Bear

Now that issue 44 of Make Modern is out (see my last blog post for full details), I can share with you my project. It seemed such a good idea to photograph the quilt at the beach but it was a windy day when Lizzie and I headed to Plemont. I tried a few shots on a granite ruin but it was too windy. Down on the beach in a sheltered spot, Lizzie got very wet feet, despite my warning!!


I wanted to show off the island as well as the quit. The quilt is made with a range called Love Lily by April Rosenthal which I was kindly sent by Moda. They are very obliging if you send your requirements and sent more than I requested. I don't like to be too greedy, but it's great to have enough to allow for any mistakes. I love the sprinkle background and any leftovers have been used in several projects.



The quilt includes all my favourite things - a rainbow, half square triangles, quarter log cabin blocks and flying geese.



The quilt has already been gifted to a friend for her newest great grandson. It's a lovely size too - 40" which means you can use a regular 44" wide fabric for the backing


No comments: