Monday, February 15, 2021

Monday make - minimalist wallet

 



This pattern was my number 8 UFO for the Jersey Modern Quilt Group challenge for 2021. This number hasn't yet been chosen but I needed a small project to sew so I made it on Saturday morning. I had cut out the fabric and interfacing in January but found I didn't have the required 7" zip. There was no hot pink zip at my local LQS so I went with a contrasting turquoise instead.



This hot pink thread from Aurifil was just the perfect colour for the top stitching.


I love the hidden pop of orange for the lining of the coin pocket as I only have fat quarters and it wasn't quite enough to make all sides of the pockets in the pink. Before turning the project the right side out, you have to grade some of the seams. The horror, I found a pin somewhere inside the project. I pushed it out of the seam I was about to trim and crossed my fingers. Fortunately when everything was turned right side out, the pin dropped out. Phew.



I can see that this will be very useful to grab and go and put either my phone or glasses in the back slip pocket. I should also add in a mask just in case my daily walk takes me past a shop.

Pattern : minimalist wallet by @noodlehead
Fabric: Create by @quietplay for @rileyblake
Thread: @aurifil in colour 4020


In other news, it was my father's 93rd birthday on Friday but we couldn't see him as we are in isolation as our daughter travelled back to the island from Scotland last weekend, so instead we provided scones and lemon drizzle cake for him to have a celebratory afternoon tea with my sister. Joanne was also kind enough to deliver to my brother and aunt (91).

No comments: