Friday, February 05, 2021

Friday finish - Geometric unicorn

 


I have finished my February UFO challenge for #jersymodernquiltgroup and it has already found a recipient to enjoy it. I completed the block between taking the photograph for our challenge and today so it was a relatively quick project unlike last month's UFO. I have also quilted two customer quilts this week with a third to be completed tomorrow, so a productive week.



My finishing options were fairly limited as I didn't have much of the onyx Basic Grey grunge 108" backing left. So I made the block up to 12" as it was 10" unfinished. I then plundered my boxes of Aurifil threads and found this variegated 12 weight thread in pink. I took it very slowly and only had a few thread breaks. I kept the quilting very simple as finished is better than perfect.


I then looked for some Alison Glass fabric for the binding and found this pink Christmas fabric but only a small amount show on the front so it isn't obviously Christmassy.



On the back I used some Cam snaps to close the cushion and some Pearl Bracelet fabric from Lizzy House. The binding was attached on the front first, then folded to the reverse and held in place with Clover wonder clips. I then attached my guide foot to my Bernina and finished the binding from the front. A quick and pleasing finish which I have gifted to a friend's great grand daughter or I will gift when I go out to the west of the island. My daughter is coming home on Sunday so we will go into at least ten days self isolation again until she gets a negative test on day 10.

Pattern: Geometric unicorn
Designer: @quietplay
Thread: @aurifilthread MAKO 12 weight in colour 4660
Fabrics: @alisonglass @basicgrey for @modafabrics @lizzyhouse

#makemodern # 2021falq1finish



No comments: