Wednesday, March 08, 2023

WIP Wednesday - SALs



I am participating in two Sewalongs (SALs) at the moment. I am using all Ruby Star Society fabrics for both projects. The weekly block for the Mini block sampler with Art East Quilting arrives every Monday morning. I print off the instructions and it's the first thing I do after breakfast. It's a good start to the week. I was a bit disappointed by this week's SOCKET block as it is a North American socket. However, I've accepted that it looks like a cute face too.


The radiating shades of white to dark grey don't show up yet in a small group of ten blocks but that will develop over the coming months.


The second SAL doesn't start for some weeks but I had already printed off the Foundation Piecing patterns onto my preferred Carol Doak foundation paper. I stitching a few blocks a week along with the Mini block sampler on a Monday so I have already stitched 11 of the 41 blocks.

I was pleased to find a pack of Ruby Star Society scrap charms last week so I have used those in three blocks this week to add more variety to the fabrics I'm using.


I also made an effort to put all of my Ruby Star Society fabrics into one box, so my sewing room is looking a little tidier. All of the scraps have been put into one Ziplock bag and I try to work from those first.








No comments: