Monday, November 28, 2022

Monday make - Jarrah sweater


I finished my November UFO which was the Jarrah sweater. It's a little short but I can wear it over my denim pinafore dress as an extra layer.

I am planning another version and I will be changing:

Shorten sleeves by at least an inch

lengthen body by two inches

not use pre made cuffing

The Gutermann maraflex thread worked very well for this project so I need to pop out and buy another reel in mid grey.


I used fabric from Truro fabrics, the cuffing by Poppy in a claret colour came from them too. The cuffing is very clever and comes refolded or so I thought, but it's actually knit as one piece so the seams in the cuffs and neckband are visible. I have some ribbing in various colours so will use that for my next project. I used Gutermann maraflex thread in navy (colour 13) paired with an Aurifil matching thread. I used both my Janome airthread overlocker and Atelier 7 to make this.

The pattern is Jarrah Sweater by Megan Nielsen

No comments: