Friday, November 04, 2022

Friday finish - rice bag


Yes, I know this wasn't on my to do list for November, but the optician at my appointment on Wednesday suggested a microwaveable compress for my dry eyes. Applied several times a day. I have been using reusable make up pads under a very hot tap, so this sounded like a good swap.

I made this in the same way I would a large rice bag for knees or shoulders. I stitched a pouch using scrap fabric, stitched it into two compartments, filled with brown rice (40g each side) and stitched down the ends. Then I made an outer layer using my newest Ruby Star fabric. Why not cut into your best fabric?


The inner pouch was made with two rectangles of white fabric - 8.25" by 3.25"
The outer pouch is on 1/4" bigger at 8.5" by 3.5"

Then microwave the pouch for no more than 20 seconds, test the temperature before applying to eyes. Times will vary depending on the strength of your microwave.

No comments: