Friday, November 25, 2022

Friday finish - It's Trashion!

I paired the kit for It's Trashion ...darling with Essex Speckle Yarn Dyed Linen in Aqua from Sew Hot. The kit was from the Sew Quirky mystery box which was themed on "Aussie Quirks". I may have already ordered the latest box which is themed on an Aussie Summer.

Provided was all the chenille and vegan leather needed to make the project. The chenille shred a lot so is a bit delicate and patched and I substituted the bondaweb style webbing for Steam a Seam 2. I cut everything out in advance and gathered matching threads to take to retreat. I managed to complete the blanket stitching at the Jersey retreat. I added a layer of wadding behind the piece before I started the stitching, 


I have then made it into a cushion with more of the aqua linen and yellow cam snaps to close the back. I am pleased with how it turned out and will now put it aside for the Jersey Eisteddfod next year


No comments: