Monday, February 14, 2022

The morning after retreat


Three days of sewing, chatter and good food, it can't be beaten. Just what I needed. Our friend and chef for the weekend, Lara, did a LFT on Thursdya evening, Friday morning and Friday before leaving work to join us. Unfortunately the last test was positive. Sarah led some of the girls in a kitchen team but Laura's partner delivered the shopping and much had been prepared so the main decisions were how to change shakshuka into something else and what to have for breakfast.

My weekend projects were:
1. Alison Glass feathers.
2. Elizabeth Hartman casserole quilt. 
3. Clover and Violet Sew Club needle case
4. Back up was to prep  a Sew Quirky otter.

How did I do?



The Alison Glass feathers are now a completed quilt top. By Sunday morning I had run out of projects so I also removed all of the foundation papers.



The Elizabeth Hartman Casserole Quilt is now four large blocks, the top right block needs one row unpicked and rotated but it is almost complete. I cut a lot of 8" squares which I found that I had already cut which meant I didn't have enough fabric for the sashing, so I need to order more of the Essex Dyed linen in Fog today.


The Clover and Violet Sew Club needle case is complete apart from some poppers as I took the wrong tool to set them and I need to order wool felt to complete the case. If I made the case again I would just use interfacing inside the case as I lost my points on the outside.




I also started prepping the Sew Quirky otter, but ran out of sewing at about 12.30 so tidied up my gear early. We then had the raffle and I won the Vislene wadding. The Vislene was the only sponsored prize this year but we had donations and leftovers from previous years. We then had a slap up sausage sandwich lunch and headed home to sleep in our own beds.



What to work on today? we are half way through the month and I only have one finished item. I think today I will cross stitch before celebrating my father's 94th birthday (again) with lunch out and then tomorrow I will make the one pot cover for my friend as that should be a quick make.




No comments: