Friday, February 04, 2022

Friday finish - Portsmouth dress

 


No 3 was selected for our group UFO challenge for January, not the quick finish that I'd hoped for. It didn't help that I didn't have a pattern in mind. I have loved wearing my denim pinafore from Seasalt so went looking for something similar. My friend, Lorraine, suggested the Portsmouth dress by The Sussex Seamstress, which also has a Youtube video you can follow along with.


I didn't want to waste my fabric so I did make a Toile which fit!!  It's a tie dyed sheet so is definitely not a wearable toile! I cut out my pattern and used a contrasting fabric for the facings to reduce the bulk.



I started stitching it together on Monday and got out my ne Janome overlocker.  fortunately the Janome agent is only five minutes drive from home an has parking so she soon put me on the right track, I'd forgotten to flip the switch!! That instruction is now highlighted in my manual.  I also took to Youtube for help to sew the buttonholes on my new Janome Atelier 7. I finished it Monday afternoon, buttonholes and all, just under the wire for a January finish.




No comments: