Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday finish - small multi cooker cover

 


I made a second multi cooker cover for my friend Chris from another panel from a retreat goodie bag. Ironically we were going to have shakshuka at a retreat but some attendees were misinformed and thought that the eggs would be undercooked. However if they had seen this panel they would have known what it was and how it was cooked. The cover was requested as 34 inches round and 12 inches tall. Fortunately the linen panel was almost exactly 34 inches wide and 12 1/2 inches tall.

I quilted it on my long arm using the same pattern as I had used for the larger version. Then I bound it in the yellow to match the first cover as I thought it would be easier to bind the bottom first then I used my school girl maths to work out that I needed an 11 inch circle for the top. It fit perfectly.

I pinned it extensively and after having sewn the seam on my Atelier 7 ( Janome) I zigzagged the edge and turned inside out. Job done. I will be able to give this to Chris when she comes back from her three week holiday in Tenerife.


It is blowing a gale outside so today is the perfect day to stay at home however my husband offered to take me out to lunch so who am I to do refuse.

I was hoping my Sew Hot order would arrive today but I think not with boats cancelled. I had hoped to finish the casserole quilt by Elizabeth Hartman ready to bind at our Group sewing day tomorrow. I think instead I will cut out the pieces for the Hoody test which I hope to site together on Sunday and do some cross stitch.








No comments: