Wednesday, July 10, 2024

WIP Wednesday - Folk Sampler



I love a good sewalong and I am either all caught up or lagging greatly behind. The 2024 Folk Sampler by Art East Quilting, definitely comes into the latter category. I loved the first big block in the middle and the stars, but the fiddly acorns and bees have demotivated me. 

This week I've put the blocks back on my design wall and made one more bee block. I am planning to work from the centre out, trying to balance my colours. I have more blocks completed than I had realised and the thistles and arrows look like straight forward blocks without too many small pieces.


I am taking this project to the retreat this weekend along with two design boards to put the blocks on and carry stitched blocks to the pressing station. I am undecided whether to pack a small cutting mat to cut a couple of blocks tomorrow afternoon as I am arriving the day before the event starts. It is probably better to cut more blocks at home and then pin them tomorrow afternoon ready to stitch over the weekend.


The other decision to be made is what clothes to pack as despite it being July, the weather is decidedly cold and wet today.





No comments: