Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday Make - crafter's tool bag

I returned from the Modern Quilt Club retreat near Leeds late yesterday evening and was very grateful for the lift to the airport as well as my security fast pass as the queues were long. I worked on the Crafter's Tool bag by Kandou Crafts on Friday and finished it early on Saturday morning.


At the retreat there is a buzzer that you press when you finish a project and at the last retreat I didn't get to press it. I did press it before everyone came down in the morning but pressed it again later. It is a great way to attract everyone's attention and then find out what the pattern is!


The tool bag has a few neat additions including this small notions' pouch which can be closed or snapped into place on the bag.


It also has a recessed zipper closure on the top and I had cut all of the correct pieces for the bag prior to the retreat apart from the placket inside the top of the bag but I had just enough spare of the pink fabric as well as some iron on interfacing.


I even remembered to add a small label on the back of the project. I used Decovil light to give body to the project and used denim paired with the Ruby Star sateen wide backing and pink splash print. A satisfying first project completed at the retreat.



No comments: