Monday, July 29, 2024

Monday maintenance

 


I am very lucky to have a very local needlework store, just a five minute drive from my home and with one parking space for special customers. I would recommend getting to know your local stores to ensure you get the best service they offer. Rachel has just celebrated ten years in business, and I first met Rachel when she ran a very popular sandwich shop.

Rachel is also very responsive to messages. I was recently on retreat and my friend Gill, recommended a particular 1/4" foot. A quick message and it was ordered by Rachel and I bought it a few days later.


I was all set to finish sections 3 and 5 of the Ginger's kitchen bench pillow yesterday but it wasn't to be. A needle broke and despite a clean out of the bobbin area, it wasn't behaving. I had planned to drop my embroidery machine in for a service tomorrow as I'm heading to the Festival of Quilts later this week.  Instead, I will be dropping it in today after a Zoom meeting this morning. 


I would also recommend adding oil and leaning your machines once a week in your diary. I use the free Todoist app for regular tasks. I love ticking off a to do list.

No comments: