Wednesday, July 17, 2024

WIP Wednesday - Folk Sampler 2024

 

The third project I worked on at the Modern Quilt Club retreat last weekend was the Folk Sampler by Art East Quilting. I precut three bee blocks and the mouse.



I stitched all four prepped blocks and before I left the retreat, I also cut out two thistle blocks. With the bee blocks finished, I was able to add the first row of blocks around the centre star. Still left to complete now are:
  • Two thistle blocks
  • Two birds
  • Dachshund B
  • Two flying geese fish blocks
I also need to alter the first dachshund block which is a little wonky and stitch another Ohio star block to replace the block in the top right.  Progress has been made and the end is in sight. I have a Jersey Modern Quilt Group all day stitching day on Saturday so perhaps I should try and cut out a couple of blocks ready to stitch.





No comments: