Wednesday, March 20, 2024

WIP Wednesday - folk art sampler

 





Over the last week I have worked steadily on this project as I was becoming overwhelmed as we were on week 10 and I had only completed two weeks. I have been cutting one or two blocks each day, but have also stitched together all of the blocks cut. I have now run out of the yellow floral which should be here very soon, and I can cut more blocks to sew at retreat.


Week 1 was the flower star, which is a large, simple block.


Week 2 was the fiddlier acorn blocks, and these are repeated in week 25 as well for a total of four blocks. I have two blocks complete and one almost complete and waiting on my delivery of yellow floral fabric.



Week 3 was simpler flower blocks, there are four in total in the quilt, so I also completed the blocks for week 18.


Week 4 was two rabbit blocks. I have completed one which looks odd as the eye unit is the wrong way up, so that will require surgery. I have the fabric to hand to cut the second block for the retreat.



Week 5 was an Ohio Star, but not what I would call an Ohio Star. However, it was a nice large block with very few pieces so quick and easy to piece.



Week 6 was the first of eight bee blocks and two were needed to be completed with three more to be made in weeks 20 and 23, so I may stitch a few more of these in March.


Week 7 was two tulip blocks which are tall but fairly simple to make. I enjoyed stitching these over the weekend. 


Week 8 was also a big and simple block - a pair of ducks. I need the yellow fabric to complete the other duck. week 9 is a dachshund and also needs the yellow fabric.



Week 10 was four leaf blocks which I cut and stitched on the day the pattern was released as it's a straight forward block to cut and piece.


On Sunday the pattern for week 11 was released for three butterfly blocks, but to need that yellow floral fabric! However, I did complete one butterfly.

I've made good progress over the last ten days and if my yellow fabric arrives before I leave for retreat, I may even be caught up by the end of the month. I have seven of the eleven weeks completed in full and have the fabric to cut one more rabbit. I am looking forwrd to piecing the small blocks int bigger sections soon.





No comments: