Monday, March 04, 2024

Jersey Eisteddfod

 


I was busy all last week with taking in 660+ Needlework and Textile Art pieces for our section of the Festival of Creative Arts. I have a great team of helpers who are there for practically six full days and we are not a young team!!


I like to have a Christmas corner and this year we have two Christmas trees, a tree skirt and lots of Christmas cushions. These tables greet you as you enter the hall.


We always have a great display of quilts which starts with this beauty and moves onto a whole wall of quilts. My husband kindly arranged the quilts, and he knows I like to move through the rainbow, and he did a great job.


We have brilliant senior school textile teachers and the students' creations come in on mannequins which shows the creations off to their best. We did have to use some double-sided tape and pins to keep some of them decent! we group them at the back of display to draw visitors in.


Some of the mannequins are heavy and awkward to move so they are delivered direct to the hall.


We had help from two husbands during the week so on Friday we only spent half the day putting out the entries. Large macrame pieces are probably the hardest to display due to the weight.


Unfortunately, I can't show you the winning pieces until after the show closes, but I did win a trophy. I enter under a false name so that the adjudicator is unaware of any entries from the committee.

No comments: