Wednesday, March 13, 2024

WIP Wednesday - folk art flowers

 
I have a little more progress to report on my Folk Art Sampler blocks from the sewalong with Art East Quilting. I have now finished four flower blocks which are from weeks 10 and 18. I know we're only on week 10, but I thought that as these are straight forward blocks, I would stitch them now.


I've also cut out two and a half acorn blocks. Why a half? I found that I didn't have enough of the yellow fabric to complete the block. I like this fabric from Winterglow by Ruby Star Society so I have ordered a whole yard.


I will stitch up the two acorn blocks that are cut and then probably move on to the week 8 ducks as they are large blocks. The ducks are 10" finished blocks so less fiddly than the 6" blocks. I should then ut some of the eight bee blocks as when they're complete, with the other blocks stitched so far, they form a borer around the central star block. I can't resist piecing sections together as I make progress.


It doesn't look very impressive so far, but I have completed four weeks of the ten released so far. Can I catch up by the end of the month? Or will I get tired of cutting out such fiddly blocks!

No comments: