Wednesday, January 18, 2023

WIP Wednesday - Santa's trips


I have started another cross stitch WIP. I blame Michelle of Momma loves you GB on Youtube for showing off her finished piece. This was a mystery pattern with portions revealed every week but now the pattern is available to purchase as one pdf from Creative Poppy.

I am using the called for DMCs on a hand dyed 32 count evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy called RAI. I am liking how it looks so far. I started with the middle octagon and then have moved upwards and to the top left with the borders of the nine blocks. 

As always, I have a plan to stitch this which will be spread over nine months. In January I plan to stitch the top left block and half of the top border. I think the borders will take some time to stitch if I leave them until the end. Then each month I will work from left to right and stitch one block and half a border. When I get to the middle block, I will stitch the green leafy motifs making the corners of the octagons.

 

Pattern: Santa's Trips by Barbara Ana Designs from Creative Poppy
Thread: called for DMCs
Fabric: hand dyed 32 count evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy called RAI

I have also finished quilting my Sewology BOM so that will be going to today's quilt group and Saturday's Jersey Modern Quilt Group to hand stitch the binding.

No comments: