Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday Finish - Sewology BOM

 

I chose the Christy Dillon pattern Square root E2E to quilt this BOM using Glide thread in the colour Bone. The thread colour was an easy choice as it was still on the machine from my last project, but it suited this project very well.

Just as I thought I was getting near to finishing the quilting, I realised there was a tuck in the backing so I started to undo two rows of quilting. Unfortunately, my back objected to this, and I saw our physio just before Xmas. It's only in the last two weeks that I have been pain free and able to tackle the unpicking again.


I think the button block is my favourite as I realised that an unused Accuquilt alphabet die was the right size to cut the lettering. I buttonhole stitched around the lettering which wasn't a quick job but looked great once complete.



I went a little rogue with the needle and thread block. I altered the methodology and inserted the thread in the eye of the needle into the seam allowance. The result was fewer ends to hand applique.



I added the binding to the front of the quilt on Tuesday and took it to my Wedensday morning group to start hand stitching the binding to the reverse. I don't know what came over me but when I got back home, I decided to just get on with the binding and finish it.

Details:
Pattern Sewology BOM by Pen and Paper Patterns via a BOM with Modern Quilt Club
Background and binding: Kona Silver
Coloured fabric : an assortment of Ruby Star Society fabrics
Backing: Speckled Dove 108" wide by Ruby Star Society

No comments: