Monday, January 23, 2023

Monday make - animal quilt

 


My Wednesday morning Guild have a Christmas lunch and challenge reveal this week. As I had expected to be away, the challenge had not made it onto my to do list. With the Sewology quilt off my long arm, it was time to quilt this panel ready for the lunch. The theme is an animal quilt to be donated to Project Linus. My friend Laura was giving away this panel at our Jersey Modern Quilt Group meeting last summer and I immediately thought it was a quick way to join the challenge and meet the theme of the challenge.

I found some leftover wadding and backing so everything just needed a press before loading. It was quick to be quilted using the grey thread already on the machine and the pattern Malachite by Urban Elementz, Unfortunately I didn't have any yardage that was suitable for binding as I prefer a clear modern palette, so I used the selvedge from the panel with the spots of colour used in the panel and matched it to the turquoise Kona cotton.

It's now ready to be donated on Wednesday and it's time to finish my Christmas quilt. The nine blocks need to be pieced together into a quilt top and I have the backing and wadding ready to go.



No comments: