Wednesday, January 11, 2023

WIP Wednesday 2023 SALs


I have only signed up for two Sewalongs for 2023 and have the Sewology BOM to finish quilting too. 

The first is for the cross stitch pattern Big Hearted tiny town by Heart in Hand which I purchased from Peakside Needleworks. This SAL starts on 6 January, and I plan to stitch one motif per day.


The longer term SAL is from Art East Quilting Co and is 49 weekly 6" blocks. I'm not sure in what order the blocks are released but this was cut and stitched in an hour.


My plan is to graduate from a white background in the centre to an almost black background in the corner blocks. I pulled a few greys from stash and paired them with Ruby Star Society scraps and a Basic Grey black grunge which was to hand. I need to see what other greys I have in stash to use as a darker grey and a white for the centre.



No comments: