Wednesday, September 28, 2022

WIP Wednesday - retreat prep

 


I returned late last night from London (almost two hours behind schedule) and I've unpacked my hand luggage this morning. The next trip to look forward to is the Modern Quilt Club retreat at the end of October and I have started a little prep. I get the most out of a retreat by prepping all of my fabric and making a kit in its own bag ready to go. 

The first was easy to get ready as it was a kit and pattern from the Sew Quirky mystery box that I've recently received. I've added in a linen background and need to add some steam a seam for the applique and some plastic to make a copy of the pattern to place the pieces accurately.



I have now completed three months of the Sewology BOM so I am up to date. Block 4 is prepped and I will prep some more months ready to take. The blocks are long, so I am best to cut the pieces at home with my 20.5" ruler. We have one more zoom call before retreat for this BOM, so I will probably sew one block then.


These are the fabrics for the cushion for Make Modern Magazine. I need to fine tune and print out the foundation pattern to add to the fabrics. This is due in November.

I do have a bag pattern to stitch too, and it's bagged up ready to go from the last retreat. I may pack it as a backup project if I finish the others.

No comments: