Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Wednesday WIP - mini series SAL


I have slipped down the Sewalong rabbit hole again and joined the #miniseriessal2022 with Alison Glass. My fabric choices are the same as the original SAL - Oakshott silver shot cotton as a background and Alison Glass scraps.


The next thing to decide was which Janome foot to use. I eventually decided on F2 as it has good visibility.

As we are going to Cornwall I decided to get a head start on the sewalong. I started with the tringle log cabin and have used Aurifil 80 weight thread to keep bulk out of the itty bitty seams.


Next was the log cabin block. The four new patterns come later in the sewalong. I have scheduled into my Todoist app to work for one hour a day on this sewalong Some blocks may take two days but some have fewer pieces.


I am loving the Sew Quirky ruler which came in the recent mystery box. I have a plan to make a table topper with these blocks but that is a long way off.

No comments: