Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday stash Cornwall


 


We spent ten days in Cornwall earlier in the month and we visited many sights including the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan. We enjoyed our trip, but I would not want to be in Cornwall during the school holidays as queues must be monstrous.



I have buyer's remorse since not buying this FQ stack from Olive & Flo Handcraft at the May Modern Quilt Club retreat. I managed to find a bundle at The Sewing Studio in Redruth as we travelled from our first hotel in Penzance to our second hotel in Carlyon Bay. I also managed to include a trip to the Seasalt outlet shop where I bought a dress, two tops and a pair of shoes. Very pleased.


We are big fans of Wallace & Gromit so we had to visit Land's End to go to the Aardman "Grand experience" Another grand day out for us. When we went to Truro, I was pleasantly surprised to spot Truro Fabrics very near to the car park. I bought some Jersey and contrasting cuffs for a test stitch but that doesn't seem to be happening now, so I will use the fabric for something else.






No comments: