Friday, September 23, 2022

Friday finish - block 1 sewology


It is fair to say that whilst I took all of my equipment and fabric with me on holiday with the intention of cutting some blocks out ready to sew, nothing happened. I returned from Cornwall on Tuesday and had a meeting in the afternoon and an early night due to an early start to get to Exeter Airport.

However, on Wednesday I cut out all of the pieces for block 1 and on Thursday I put together the block. My plan now is to spend half an hour every weekday cutting the fabric for blocks with the intention of getting block 2 done before block 3 is released on 15 October.

I am sewing my blocks from stash using Kona silver as the background with assorted Ruby Star Society prints from my stash. The pattern is a little wasteful with the background fabric as you start with a 4.5" strip and then cut it down to cut the next size of strip or square. I am keeping all of the strips to cut from for future blocks.



I think block 2 is the pencil which looks fairly straight forward.

No comments: