Wednesday, September 15, 2021

WIP Wednesday - spooky sampler

 


I have started prepping one block a day of the Spooky Sampler by Melissa Mortenson which I purchased as a kit from Set Hot. I've even labelled up my bags so I'm retreat ready only five weeks to go.



I have even sewn two more circular ornament blocks for my Christmas Cheer by Corinne Sovey, so I decided to reward myself and sewed up two of the blocks that I'd prepped.


First were the three Ohio star blocks. I am a sucker for a star block and the Ohio star was my first love when I started quilting. I then stitched together the two large pumpkin blocks. Today I have prepped for the applique blocks and ironed the Steam a Seam to the reverse of the black damask fabric and plan to get at least the three bats cut out at our morning group today. The two spiders are much more fiddly with their legs.


I am keen to load the quilt top for the Free Motion Frenzy class with Karlee Porter and I have finished one more customer quilt, and one further quilt should be delivered today for a quick turn around.










No comments: