Friday, September 03, 2021

Friday day finish - Tulip dress

 





I purchased the Tulip Dress Pattern by Sew Different at Festival of Quilts last month and Lizzie purchased the denim for me as a birthday gift. I remembered to prewash the fabric but was very disappointed that there was distinct fading on the fold of the fabric. So I improvised. I put an extra seam in the front of the dress, however  allowed a 1/4" seam and sewed a 5/8" seam. Rookie error! I then screen printed the bottom panel of the dress to cover the fading, I think that was successful and adds to the finished look. You won't see a photograph of me wearing the dress a it's a little too small. I can get it on but it's not a flattering look! 

This weekend I'm hoping to make another set of shortie pyjamas and then I will make this dress again in some linen I purchased at Festival of Quilts, but in a size larger.

Have a lovely weekend.









No comments: