Wednesday, September 22, 2021

WI Wednesday - spooky sampler

 


I know this is meant to be one of my October retreat projects, but I just couldn't help myself. I've only sewn a few blocks together, but I need to prepare the rest of the blocks so I can see if there's enough fabric left for a test sew that I have committed to.


What has become abundantly clear is that the quarter inch foot and setting on the Janome Atelier 7, gives a bigger than 1/4" seam. I think I have now perfected my quarter inch seam but will have to adjust the spider's web blocks that I've already pieced. 

I have an urgent customer quilt to quilt which I would like to get finished today, so I will also continue to cut the blocks for this quilt too and perhaps with a little focus, I can then put it away read for retreat and work on the test sew for @chasingtigers.






No comments: