Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday stash - Spooky sampler

 


I am giddy with excitement, I have a place on the Modern Quilt Club retreat in Yorkshire in October, just a month away. I immediately booked my place within five minutes of receiving the email, checked that I could have a lift from Liverpool and booked my flights. I should now book a night's stay at Liverpool Airport for the Thursday and Sunday nights.

The same day I received the Spooky Sampler Quilt kit which I had ordered from Sew Hot in anticipation of being able to go on retreat this year whether in the UK or locally.


I think I might change out the the green fabric in the kit as I'm not a green lover and this an unusual shade of green. Or I might just use as is. There is a lot of fabric in the kit and my plan is to cut one block a day until the retreat. If it's all cut out I may be able to reduce the weight of the kit as I only have 15 kilos of hold luggage. Probably a mistake on my part not going for a bigger / heavier suitcase.

I cut out the first block yesterday and I am slightly disappointed that there's not an overall cutting plan that I can find so you have to refer to each block and work out what fabric is used for each element from the cover photo.



The question is, will I be able to resist sewing up a block or two before the retreat? I think I need to make more progress on my Christmas Cheer quilt first. Perhaps for every two blocks of Christmas Cheer completed, I can sew up one Hallloween block?

No comments: