Wednesday, June 09, 2021

WIP Wednesday - Hocus Pocus



Do you ever lie to yourself? I only have four UFOs, I only have a small stash or similar!! I have now realised that I have been misleading myself about the hocus pocus quilt by Corinne Sovey which I haven't even listed on my WIPs list for June.

I have been making one or two blocks a week and had even thought I would work on this quilt at retreats in the autumn. Over the weekend I put the locks up on my design wall. Shock horror, I only have two more blocks to complete - the eyeball top left and witchy boots - bottom right.



I think those two blocks need to be finished this month and I could even finish the quilt. I am working on finishing the facing on my entry for the Festival of Quilts and I need to attach a hanging sleeve to my daughter's quilt entry. I did attach the sleeve to Lizzie's quilt but to the bottom, very handy, so I have unpicked it and I will probably try and finish it this evening whilst watching the semi finals of The Great British Sewing Bee. 

The day time quilt group that I attend restarts today so I will take my entry with me and start stitching down the facing and then the hanging sleeve.


No comments: