Wednesday, June 02, 2021

June 2021 plans

 I don't feel like I made much progress in May, so I'm hoping for a good few finishes in June.

The UFO gods have looked down on me and given me a month off. #7 was drawn and that is my 2020 Prairie School Santa which I completed back in January. As at the end of May I had completed 8 out of my 12 challenge projects for 2021 so I am pleased with that progress. However I still have two 2020 challenge quilt projects to quilt including my entry for Festival of Quilts - deadline - 7 June.


1. By Annie ultimate travel bag has been started and should be finished in June. 

 2. A new start in May was the Mystery Quilt 2021 by Laundry Basket Quilts. I have the blocks finished  and the rows pieced so I am making progress.




3. Barbara Ana design from Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher for #CrossStitchCamp we need to go to London in June so I will take this as my travel project and I have ordered the threads that I need.

4. June monthly cottage from a Country Cottage Needleworks. I didn't even start the May cottage so I am just going to move on to June.

5. June block for Around the World BOM. I have decided not to stitch all of the blocks as some of the destinations I haven't visited and are not on my bucket list. However someone else made a comment about Dubai and I realised whilst I haven't visited Dubai, I have transited through the airport so perhaps it needs to be made.

6. Month 8 of Christmas Wreath by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. Including this month, there are just three more installments to go. The next clue is released on 18 June.



7. #Summersamplerturns10 sewalong I need to remake one block , order some grey fabric for sashings and put the quilt top together.



8. 1990 Prairie schooler Santa 

9. And last but by no means least I'd like to finish my Tate Modern wall hanging to enter into the Festival of Quilts which needs to be done by 7 June. I have quilted the mauve / white circles, the small arcs in yellow, red and orange and the black arcs so far. This week I need to tackle the grey background. Eek.



I definitely need some finishes this month as I am feeling overwhelmed. Once my Festival of Quilts entry is complete, I probably need to focus on a couple of projects to finish the quilt tops and get them quilted.



No comments: