Wednesday, June 16, 2021

WIP Wednesday - Flexi sewing case

 


I offered to pattern test the Flexi Sewing Case for Sonia of Fabric and Flowers with the idea that it might be useful to carry my Prairie Schooler Santa for our trip to London this week. I went into it a bit blind as there weren't many internal pictures of the case in the first draft of the pattern. Inspired by the fabrics I used for my minimalist wallet which I also stitched last weekend, I pulled out my stash of Create by Quietplay and a bag of interfacing. I just needed to purchase two zippers and retrieve my box of Km snaps from a friend.


The zipper pocket is very useful and I have stored my flosses and sewing glasses in there. In the vinyl pocket I've put my Prairie Schooler Santa and in the slip pocket it I've put the pattern and colour chart. I added a popper to this pocket and also used a ribbon instead of stitching a lanyard to hold my snips.



My cross stitch project is ready for a trip but I now need to pack. 






No comments: