Friday, June 04, 2021

Friday finish - Christmas Cheer fabric pull




 At my request my son bought me the Christmas Cheer pattern last Christmas, with a cyber Monday discount code of course :) and I bought myself the Hocus Pocus pattern also by Corinne Sovey.

Each week I am prepping just two blocks from either quilt and then I piece them on a Saturday. Little by little I will make progress with these projects but with no rush. However if either of the two retreats I'm planning to attend in the autumn go ahead, I will be working on these projects.

The pattern shows you the Kona colours used for the quilt with space to add small swatches of your chosen fabrics. This week I've finalised my choices of fabric. Some were from stash and some were purchased from the always reliable Sew Hot.



The only solid I've used is the Kona Sour Apple. 

C1  Lemonni for Figo fabrics 90179 Polar Magic

C2  Alison Glass for Andover 2018 9119 ornament

C3  Deer Christmas by UrbanChks for Moda #31165

C4  Thimbleblossoms for Moda #55094 Miss Kate

C5  Lori Holt for Riley Blake Cozy Christmas C7972

C6  Alison Glass for Andover 2018 9122 holly

C7  Snow Day by Stacy Iest Isu for Moda #20635

C8   Lori Holt for Riley Blake Cozy Christmas C7973

C9  Kona Sour apple

My fabrics are now stored in a labelled repurposed mailing box and the pattern and blocks are in a large zippered bag.


So far all I've done is cut one solid square, make the striped blocks and appliqued the three star blocks. I'll work on the gifts next. I'm avoiding the inset circles at the moment as my brain power needs to be used for other projects.



No comments: