Friday, June 11, 2021

Freebie Friday - Attaching a facing


My entry for the Festival of Quilts at the end of July is complete!!! I tried a new technique to me and used a facing to finish the edges of the quilt. I was very nervous but it was straight forward, simple and effective. I also machine stitched the top of my hanging sleeve to the facing, then I hand stitched the facing down and then the bottom of the hanging sleeve.

I followed the instructions on a Youtube tutorial recommended by Krista Hennebury which you can find here.

You will have noticed that I have Grafitti Quilted my entry to within an inch of its life and I have signed up for another class with Karlee Porter which starts in September. The package from Karlee for the class arrived this week along with a few other parcels. Oops.


Karlee is hosting another FREE demonstration of her techniques on Saturday, follow the link to sign up or watch later.



No comments: