Wednesday, April 10, 2024

WIP Wednesday - folk art sampler


It is already week 14 of the Folk Art Sampler with Art East Quilting. I am over halfway through the schedule for the 26 week programme to completion. This week is entitled Star Fish - not quite what I envisaged, but it is a fish with a star in it and another fiddly star at that. The green fish on blue should have been the other way around, but I can live with my mistake. I have also run out of the original pink fabric, so I have substituted a deep pink with paler pink crosses for my original choice. I think that if I can make three blocks from each substitute fabric, it should still look cohesive.
 


I haven't yet done last week's squirrels, but I did complete some extra bee blocks this week. The centre of the quilt is coming together, and I will also stitch one acorn block next week so that all of the acorns are complete. It would be great to get four more bee blocks stitched so that I can add the first row around the central star block. I have already started to stitch pairs of blocks together as that feels like I'm making progress. Next week's blocks are the birds towards the top of the quilt which together with the squirrels would complete another row. I can see more clearly from this picture of my blocks so far that there are a few more blocks I can sew together, and I use them as leaders and enders whilst stitching up the small blocks.


I think I need to be more focused and stitch the bird blocks first, then the squirrels and lastly the one acorn block. I have a customer quilt to work on this week, so I could cut blocks out whilst the Prostitcher works its magic. I would then have a few blocks ready to stitch on Sunday when the bird patter is released.

No comments: