Monday, April 08, 2024

Monday make - September cottage

 

Number 7 was chosen as our Group's UFO to work on in April. Looking at the picture, I thought, it would be good to start with the big red house. I was surprised when I dug the project out of my UFO Challenge box, that I had already started on that house. That was a pleasant surprise.

I used the called for threads but ran out of the weeks Dye Works pecan so I did the bottom stitch in the top border in the DMC alternative of 435 and the top stitch in the remaining hand dyed pecan thread. The DMC was a good match for my skein of pecan.


I still have quite a few of the monthly cottages to complete but I think first I am going to start Heart in Hand 2024 collector's heart as I was surprised to find that I have some of all of the threads apart from one and the fabric comes in the kit with a butterfly button.



No comments: