Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday finish - folk art sampler

 


It is already week 15 of the Folk Art Sampler with Art East Quilting. I am over halfway through the schedule for the 26 week programme to completion. 

Last week's block was entitled Star Fish - not quite what I envisaged, but it is a fish with a star in it and another fiddly star at that. The green fish on blue should have been the other way around, but I can live with my mistake. I have also run out of the original pink fabric, so I have substituted a deep pink with paler pink crosses for my original choice. I think that if I can make three blocks from each substitute fabric, it should still look cohesive.


Week 15 is the mushroom with another fiddly star. I see a theme developing here. Fortunately, next week is a bird so less fiddly, just more different shapes to cut.


I am totally caught up now as I also finished the two squirrel blocks this week, and as with previous animal bocks, I managed to get one eye the wrong way up!


You can really see the quilt coming together on my design wall now. when I stitch the second dog block, I will need to fix the first block which is not at all square. I think I'll add some wider borders and trim the block down to the required size.


Time to go and catch the ferry. On our return I have a customer quilt to start and next week's folk sampler block to stitch.

No comments: