Monday, April 01, 2024

April 2024 plans



 Our April project for our Guild UFO challenge has been announced and it is number 7 which for me is the September Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks. I plan to pull it out today and make a small start. The bold red house looks like a good place to start and outline it to then fill in. Hubby is having a day surgery op on Wednesday so perfect to take with me.


Lizzie finished her Zip and Grip pouch at last weeks' retreat, but I haven't got very far. I think I underestimated the effect that my disrupted travel plans had on my concentration on that first day.

The fraction quilt by Lou Orth Designs was a pattern that we won at retreat. I am not going to start stitching it, but I plan to start kitting it up as there are 15 colours plus a background. It will also be a good opportunity to tidy out my basket of Kona cottons and pass on any smaller pieces that I won't use. Lizzie has chosen this as our Christmas project already.


My Quilter's Tote by Zeriano has been getting a lot of love recently so I'm planning to make two for friend's birthdays. I know one birthday is at the end of July, but I need to check when the other birthday falls. I pieced the side panels at retreat so it shouldn't take long to put together.


Another raffle prize from retreat was the Mave Skirt by True Bias. I need to use some of the dressmaking fabrics that I have in stash before we return to the Festival of Quilts in August this year.



I need to quilt this panel that I put together at retreat for a simple cushion pattern. I did have a sample but I seem to have gifted it to my son prematurely. I have combined Essex linen with mini charm squares from Helen Steele.

I need to motivate myself to finish a customer quilt today so that I can quilt the cushion cover and tote panels. I also need to visit my accommodating neighbour to get some paperwork certified which I hope to post tomorrow in London as I have a quarterly checkup. In the UK, today is a Bank Holiday so I should be able to make good progress without interruption.





No comments: