Friday, April 12, 2024

Bee Farm SAL


I do enjoy a good Flosstube video on Youtube and one of my Favourites is Helen D who is East Coast Crafter on Instagram. The pattern can be purchased from Cobweb Corner and Helen has thoughtfully chosen a chart which the designer was happy to make available in PDF format for overseas stitchers.

The threads are all DMC which I can purchase locally, and I had all but two of the thread colours. I have chosen a 32 count fabric called eureka by Fox and Rabbit instead of the called for 28 Count. Everything is kitted up and I even add a hand cream to my project pouch as I have so many hand creams to use but forget to use them. The SAL officially starts on 23 April.

That bee was so tempting, and a centre start on the bee very appealing, so I gave in to temptation. I have worked to the top of the piece with the bee farm banner and will now work down to the local honey sign. It's not a big piece (70 x 70 stitches) and I am enjoying it but will be pleased to finish the black stitching first and move to the pretty mauves and greens. I am sure to mess up the wings with miscounting but will try hard to concentrate. 


We are off to France next Friday so plan to take this with me to work on along with the 2024 sampler which has also been started. 

 

No comments: