Friday, February 23, 2024

Friday finish - hanging baskets


I first came across Odile Balleouil at L'Amour du Fil in Nantes. She is a French fabric designer and uses different fabric bases combined with lush, detailed patterns. Not my aesthetic. However, over the last few years, I've purchased a few fat quarters and a scrap bag with no idea of what they will become.

I spotted a free pattern was available here for hanging baskets which were a perfect project for our Guild's demo on Monday. I used ribbon for the hanging straps and instead of printing two copies of the pattern, I cut the fabric on the fold. 


They are quick to make and I can see 100s of uses for them including to contain a large easter egg. I had some scraps of a local print, left behind by my daughter, which I used for the lining of all three baskets.



No comments: