Wednesday, July 12, 2023

WIP Wednesday - mini block sampler June 2023


The blocks for the mini block sampler with Art East Quilting continue to be released every Monday. we have now passed the halfway stage and I thought it was about time to start getting organised or more organised!


Earlier in June, I thought it was time to work out how many blocks of each colour I had to stitch and whether I have enough fabrics for all of the blocks. I am pretty sure that I won't have enough of colour three, but I will worry about that nearer the time. I also realised that I needed a colour four. I found an Alison Glass fabric of which I had yardage but most of the other background fabrics are tone on tone so instead I opted for a Carolyn Friedlander fabric, but the drawback is that it's directional which you can see in this bee block.


Block 26 was entitled "life saver" but we would call it a life buoy. I enjoyed the block and sewed two of the maple and eucalyptus blocks at the same time. I think this background fabric was bought locally so perhaps I should buy some more now.


All of the blocks have been taken off my design wall and put into an A3 zipper wallet with my clip board and background fabrics. All of the blocks in colours 1, 2 and 7 are complete and I have plenty of the Basic Grey colour 5, so just need to consider colour 3 first.

No comments: