Friday, July 28, 2023

Chairman’s challenge 2


It’s amazing what you find when you start tidying up. I was delighted last weekend to find my Alison Glass turquoise scraps but I also found an almost finished make and take from Pour l’Amour du Fil. It very nearly went into the bag for a local school and then I thought, a few borders and it could be another mini quilt for the Special Care Baby Unit.

The make and take elements are the pinwheel centre and the four pink on white corners. I think they are all Art Gallery fabrics. I found a toning burgundy speckle and the Libs Elliott pink which has been reduced to a few scraps. Simple quilting and a machine binding and it was finished before the Great British Sewing Bee 2023 final started. I even remembered at the very last minute to add a label.


I also cut up my scraps of wadding into 20" squares to give to others in our group making the mini quilts. My bag of wadding has reduced by half which is great progress.



No comments: