Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Maple & Eucalyptus 1 to 20


I am now feeling much happier about this #100blocks100days project by Gnome Angel as I have sorted out the colour order of my blocks. I have also labelled the top block of each diagonal with the colour combination of that section to keep me on track.

Critical to moving on was the yellow diagonal from top right to bottom left. I pieced this out of only yellow fabrics which then enabled me to work out what fabrics to use either side of the yellow blocks.


I am just keeping up with the blocks at the moment but need to get ahead for the six days I'm away at the beginning of August. I do appreciate the simple blocks for a quick win. I am hoping for some simple blocks again soon so I can cut and stitch two blocks in a day.


Rows 1 and 2 of ten are now stitched together. I think I may continue sewing together pairs of rows so that there are fewer long rows to stitch together at the end. My design wall isn't quite big enough to accommodate the 80" wide quilt top, but I can do it with just a bit of overhang at both ends ad some judiciously placed pins. 



No comments: