Wednesday, December 21, 2022

WIP Wednesday - trick or treat


I am totally feeling sorry for myself as I have tweaked something in my shoulder. Yesterday I tried to cut out one last Christmas block but had to give up. So yesterday, I did absolutely nothing apart from watching Mrs Miracle 1 and 2. How very self-indulgent.

I decided last week to start on this pattern by Barbara Ana Designs as it was kitted up and not on my UFO challenge list for 2023. I have used the called for DMC threads on a Zweigart 32 count even weave in the colour smokey pearl. I have made good progress and am looking forward to finishing it so I can add one more letter to my Sew Happy cross stitch.


I have opened my Kylie and the Machine 2021 advent calendar this morning and I can see me using these labels on everything I make for Lizzie. Lizzie arrived in Jersey last night and we have some charity shop visiting and food shopping planned for today. Perhaps even some sewing.

My Sew Quirky mystery box has been released by customs in Coventry so it might make it to me before Xmas. I have three other small parcels due but only one of those is for a Christmas present. I keep track of my parcels by writing the name of the company on the last page for the current month in my Quilter's Planner and crossing them off as they are received. Any not received are then transferred to the next month. I have a similar process for things that I can't find. I write them down on the same page and if they haven't turned up by the end of the month, then I have to make a concerted effort to search for the item. Usually, the item turns up when you're looking for something else!!

 

No comments: