Wednesday, December 28, 2022

WIP Wednesday - Christmas quilt

 


Christmas is officially over. My son heads back to England today as he has plans for New Year's Eve. My daughter is here until 3 January and our New Year's plans include more stitching. In The UK boxing day is a public holiday and we had an extra bank holiday yesterday as Christmas Day fell on a weekend.

My neck pain has improved, so yesterday I sewed for the first time in ten days. I now have nine blocks  for a Christmas throw as I finished two blocks yesterday. All but the centre present block are from the sewalong with A Quilting Life.


I reduced this block in size to a 12" finished block so that I could add a red border. The fabric for this border is deep stash by Kate Spain.


The centre block of the quilt is a free block from the #Quiltmas range of blocks which I sized up to be an 18" block. I was please to get all of the directional prints going in the right direction.

These blocks have now been put away with backing fabric that my daughter bought for me. Whilst I'd like to finish it:
1. The long arm is loaded with my Sewology BOM which needs two rows unpicked; and
2. My daughter has plans for us to stitch the Bowler Bag by Patterns by Mrs H, for which Lizzie has bought all of the hardware and also a sneaker kit which is our plan for Saturday.


No comments: