Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday make - a quilted quilt

 

I have procrastinated about getting this quilt quilted but yesterday I pressed the backing and loaded it onto my long arm. I chose the Christy Dillon pattern Sqaure root E2E to quilt it using Glide thread in the colour Bone. The thread colour was an easy choice as it was still on the machine from my last project, but it suited this project very well.

They say pride comes before a fall and I was two rows away from finishing and I looked up at the back bar of my machine and there were tucks in the backing. AARGGHHH. So, this week's job is not to sew on the binding but instead, I need to unpick two rows and finish quilting this project. My plan is to sew the binding on during the Modern Quilt Club zooms over the coming months or until it's pulled as my monthly UFO challenge piece. Fortunately, the December Zoom isn't until next week.




Details:
Pattern Sewology BOM by Pen and Paper Patterns via a BOM with Modern Quilt Club
Background: Kona Silver
Coloured fabric : an assortment of Ruby Star Society fabrics
Backing: Speckled Dove 108" wide by Ruby Star Society

No comments: