Friday, December 23, 2022

2023 planning


I have been watching a number of Flosstube videos about planning for 2023 and I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Stitchers seem to have 100s of patterns, bins, planners and spreadsheets. I thought I'd share my planning for 2023 with just two planners. I anticipate that the first few months of 2023, I will need easy grab and go projects which is where I've concentrated my planning.

I started with my Quilter's Planner which I've used for about five years. I love the projects at a glance pages. On the left I have listed my UFO challenge projects which comprise ten cross stitch patterns, one knitted scarf and quilting and binding a quilt.



I purchased a copy of the Lori Holt Cross Stitch journal which has an index and project page for 50 projects. So far, I am up to 20 projects. The projects are mainly either by Barbara Ana from PNPS magazine, Prairie Schooler Santas or Country Cottage Needleworks monthly cottages.
 



As I've been completing each page, I have been writing down the floss numbers, noting which ones I need to order and noting down if they're in another project. It would be most efficient if I started at project one, but I have pulled out project 14 first as it's not on my UFO challenge list. I've run out of zip folders to put my projects in so that's one thing I need to look for in town later today but I may have to resort to Amazon.


So, I now have 20 project bags stored in a raffia bag ready to grab and go. I have also made good progress on moving my threads to my Pip and Chip floss drops. I've been surprised at how many duplicate flosses I own. I hope to empty one box of DMC threads before Xmas and then move on to finding where are flosses might have been randomly stored. It makes the process of kitting up quicker, as if the floss drop is not in the box, I know it's in another kit and I can find it by reviewing the floss list in the Cross Stitch journal.



It's time now to transfer a few more flosses to the new floss drops. I find that doing a few a day has helped me make progress over the last month. Not much sewing is happening as I've got a painful neck which the physio worked on yesterday, but I can still cross stitch.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and see you next week. 




No comments: