Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday make - Spring Garden framed


I framed this piece called Spring Garden by Durene Jones myself. It's a free chart from Durene's Facebook group. Framing the piece was on my to do list for Saturday and was my May UFO challenge. I thought I had some mount board but I must have used it up, so nipped out on Saturday morning to buy some from an out of town store. I glued a square of wadding onto the mountboard which I ha trimmed to size and then spent ages getting the borders on all four sides the same width. Just as you think they're right, you remeasure and it's moved on a different side. 

I am please with how this piece now looks and it is a bit green for my taste so am going to wrap it ready for a friend's birthday.
 

Later on Saturday, a local quilt group, Caesarea Quilters invited half of the members to afternoon tea, with the other half having done the same thing the previous weekend. It was lovely to enjoy everyone's company, delicious cones and fresh sandwiches along with some show & tell. The group celebrates it's 23 birthday this year. It's easy for me to remember as I had just come out of maternity with Lizzie and she accompanied me to the inaugural meeting at just a week old.



No comments: