Friday, October 18, 2024

Retreat planning - Go Big Baby Bear

 

In November I will be going to two retreats. The first weekend in November I will be in Leeds at the Modern Quilt Club retreat with my daughter and two weeks later, we have our local retreat. As I am in Aberdeen next week, I really need to plan what projects I will be taking with me. I like to do most of the preparation at home so that I have a productive weekend.

I had wanted to make a baby quilt for a friend's daughter but navy and neutrals just didn't inspire me. Last Friday, Yvonne mentioned that pink had crept into her granddaughter's colour palette. My heart sang.



I found a great dark navy in my stash which will be the perfect background. I pulled out all of my pink and purple fabrics. There are a lot of spotted fabric in my pink fabrics. I need ten different fat quarters for this project which was originally published in Make Modern magazine but will be released as stand along pattern soon.


There's a good mix of favourite fabric designers in my final choice including two fabrics by April Rosenthal from the original rainbow sample, Elizabeth Hartman, Alison Glass, Liberty and more.


I think the result is a nice gradient from a pale pink Kona to a pink / purple fabric for the half square triangle border. Tomorrow is our guild day, so I plan to cut these out tomorrow. we have a busy meeting with a quick AGM followed by our usual sewing and PAT testing of our machines for insurance purposes.

No comments: