Monday, October 14, 2024

Monday make - thimble SAL


The Thimbles sewalong with Happy Sew Lucky started a week ago, so when I started sewing the blocks on Saturday, I was already behind. I am combining my Ruby Star stash with Kona solids for the background.

Unfortunately, the first block I sewed was for week 3! Not a good start but i was pleased with my fussy cutting of the word "strawberry".


The week 2 blocks turned out beautifully with records, a tomato, another strawberry, pop, an owl and a skier. Very random!


Yesterday I finished the last of the week 1 blocks too. The blocks look great together so far.


A few months ago, I started tidying up my solids stash and destashed any smaller pieces. I then sorted the remaining solids by colour which made choosing the background fabrics much quicker.






 

No comments: